Wireless Printers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by KidZgOtMac, Nov 24, 2011.

1. KidZgOtMac macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

I'm looking for some good wireless printers that I can use Air Print with. I've looked all over but I'm really undecided since there are so many.

2. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

I'm no expert on the subject, but I have had an HP wireless printer for about a year that was a piece of junk. I just got a new macbook pro and got the free printer which came with it which was a epson styles nx430 and I've only had it for about a week but I've been pretty impressed with it

3. jcuk macrumors member

I hear canon's mid range wireless printers are pretty hot. The ink can be quite expensive but it's worth it, print quality, speed and style of hardware is fantastic - if a little large.

As for epsons wireless kit, it's OK. DX8x series are satisfactory however when it comes to ink cartridges, make sure you use genuine epson. I've seen two of their wireless jobs completely unusable after using aftermarket ink.

I'd recommend canon ink jets as the capital cost of the printer itself is low for the excellent image quality you recieve on prints. + They're really easy to setup!

4. KidZgOtMac thread starter macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

I was looking at a Canon PIXMA MP495 but I read that it wasn't compatible with AirPrint so I went with an HP Photosmart Plus B210.

5. chuffman15 macrumors regular

stay away from lexmark printers
    they dont like macs
    i had lexmark on the live chat for 2 hours trying to figure out their issue and nothing. i did get some free ink out of the deal.
    id go canon for wifi & airprint

6. ZipZap macrumors 601

The HP Officejet 8500A Premium is a great printer. Had not issues with it and my MBA.

Got it for $199 about 4 months ago.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

A Free Printer

I must be losing my touch:) I got a big discount on my MBP 17", but no free printer! I'm using an Epson too (SX425W) it's not Airport compatible, but It prints from my Air and My pro wirelessly. Since IOS5, the apps I used to make it print from my iPad and my phone no longer work.....I'm hoping they will be updated soon. The Epson Print and Share app does print photos from my phone and the iPad though.

I'm surprised you didn't like the HP, that envy range that IS airport compatible was something I was considering...What issues did you have with yours?

8. darster Suspended

HP Envy 100 is a good printer. Only 2 ink cartridges. Works great with iPhone, iPad, and my iMac. can find them online for less than $200. I have one and it works flawlessly. Can print from anywhere too. You can set up eprint email through HP, and if your printer is on and connected to your network, you can print from anywhere in the world by emailing document to that email address and it will print on that printer. Never has failed me.