Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cpup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I really hope you don't care
Ok, I have been like sweating for the last 3 hours trying to figure out how the heck to make my mac print to my printer. My printer is connected to my Windows XP Computer that I use for most printing. Now, I don't want to have to drag my MB all the way down 3 flights of stairs to where my Windows is to connect it. Is there a way to print wirelessly from a printer connected to windows so that I can print from my mac. Thanks! Also, my MacBook is running 10.6 Snow Leopard. And the Windows is running Windows XP 2007.

Cpup:apple:

AshMan

macrumors regular
May 1, 2010
I would try to share the printer on your home network then you can prob connect to I. As long as xp machine is online. Or try to get a wired or wireless print server so printer is available via your router connection and not requiring a computer to be on for it to work

Cpup

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I really hope you don't care
I would try to share the printer on your home network then you can prob connect to I. As long as xp machine is online. Or try to get a wired or wireless print server so printer is available via your router connection and not requiring a computer to be on for it to work

Sorry, I already tried both, neither worked. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.