Wireless printing (HP c309g)?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StartFinish, Feb 8, 2011.

1. StartFinish, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

StartFinish macrumors newbie

Hi

My parents have an iMac and are pretty computer illiterate. They asked me to enable their printer to print via its wireless facility.

I am not that familiar with Macs but as far as I can gather:

A base station such as an Airport Express or Extreme is required to set up a network. Then the wireless printer can be added to this wireless network. And that it shouldn't need to be connected to the USB port on the base station. Is this correct?

The printer is an HP c309g.

Any help would be much appreciated as searching online brings much confusion!

Thank you,

SF

2. flipster macrumors 6502a

I myself had set up this, and although it was frustrating, it was easy.

You printer shouldve came with software (discs). Pop the discs into the mac, let it do its thing and it should be installed. Now, enable wireless printing in your printing settings (in my case, my printer has a touchscreen in which i could enable that on the printer). Once enabled, find your network name, and enter the password. And there you go, it should be connected, at least that's how mine worked. Although, i had to reinstall the drivers for every computer i wanted to use that printer (example: HP laptop needed the software in order to print wirelessly).

3. StartFinish thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Another question...what did you use to create the network that the printer connect to?

SF