Wireless printing: macbook to router to PC to printer?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nuks, May 23, 2007.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone. I had wireless printing enabled with my previous setup, but I don't remember how I did it. Now my setup has changed a bit and I am looking for a little help.

This is how my wireless network is now set up. Both my macbook and my PC are wirelessly connected to my D-Link WBR-1310 router (originally the PC was wired). I have an HP Officejet 5610 printer connected to my PC. So how do I set up my Macbook for wireless printing via my PC?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

On the PC, right click on the printer and select 'sharing', then give it a name.

On the Mac, go to the print centre, add a new printer and choose Windows Printing (or something like that, not on a Mac at the moment so can't remember the exact name).

But having said that, if all you have done is install a wireless card in your PC, then printing should still work just fine.

3. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've already tried that, but i can't seem to get it to work.

Also, I forgot to mention that I didn't just put in a wireless adaptor, but also switched from a Linksys b-rotuer to a Dlink g-router.

4. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

i have the printer connected to the mac and use bonjour for windows on the pc, and it finds my printer over the network and then it just works, have you got firewalls on or anything?

6. Stormin55 macrumors newbie

I have the same situation as Nuk. ...MacBook to wireless router to Windows XP computer to printer. My Mac can find the printer, but it doesn't list the model number (HP PSC 2355) as an option and when I send a print job it comes out garbage. When I plug the printer directly into the Mac's USB port it works. I've downloaded the proper driver from HP but it still doesn't seem to recognize it. Any suggestions? (I must warn you that I'm pretty computer illiterate so you may have to speak s l o w l y).
    Thanks!

7. Nu 2 Mac macrumors newbie

Exactly the same situation except with hp psc 2110 printer. Works fine with USB, but only garbage through network. Apple Support was absolutely no help, tried anything to get me off the phone. Blamed router and/or printer & told me to call Lynksys or HP. Seems to be a common problem. I've had the Mac less than a week & wondering what I got into. Any suggestions? Thanks to all!

8. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

Personally I think printing sucks on the Mac.

And I ftr, I cannot get my mbp to print to my PC's printer via wireless.

-=|Mgkwho