Wireless Printing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jimbo1mcm, May 5, 2011.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

My Windows desktop running Vista 32 is connected to my Airport Extreme via an ethernet cable. I have a USB connection from my Airport Extreme to my HP OfficeJet Pro L7580. I loaded Bonjour for Windows on my desktop and it picked up the printer. My MacBook Pro also picked it up and I can print from my desktop and wirelessly from my MacBook Pro.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No kidding! I'm still looking for the reason for this thread?!?

3. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

O..K?? And I have a newer wireless HP printer that my computers print directly to. If you wanted to show that you CAN do this on Vista, then kudos to you. I certainly had a lot of trouble maintaining even a WIRED printer connection on any laptop running Vista 3 years ago.

4. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Wirelessly posted (Johnny iphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol same here

I got the samsung clx colour laser print/copy/fax/scanner

It supposed to be wireless but myself and the useless folks at samsung couldn't get my MBP or god forbid my useless aced laptop with vista to play ball

When I called apple re a different issue: I mentioned this prob- they asked if I had a TC and bingo wireless printing at last - so I know how the op feels

As for welcome to 2008, well some places on earth still dnt haves wired Internet

5. zachkolk, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

zachkolk macrumors regular

zachkolk

Two Routers, One Network

Off topic, but I was wondering. I already have two Netgear wireless n routers, but only one is hooked up. My house is kinda spread out & I don't get signal in the back or in my garage. Is Is there any way to hook up my other router, while all of my internet devices only see one network and just switch to whatever one is fastest? Kinda like a cell-phone connecting to a tower. You don't have to choose to switch towers to get a better signal. Thanks ya'll!

6. johnnj macrumors 6502a

Yeah. Unless you're going to use that lame ass Wireless Distribution System, you'll have to connect to far router to the near one via ethernet. Plug the cable into one of the inside ports and config the router with a static IP on your network range and then set up the WLAN security and stuff with the same settings as your actual router except on a different channel. I forget.. does N have manually set channels? Anyway, that's basically how it works. You should be able to find more detailed procedures on the intarwebz somewhere.

I have 4 routers acting only as access points around my house, all connected to the by ethernet. My FiOS router is just acting as a router.

Oh.. and 2005 called and it wants my Linksys print server back.

7. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Linksys print server

Yeh, I made the post to show that it works fine the way I set it up. I finally had to go USB to the printer because of the problems with the Linksys. I had a Linksys router and a print server. After I switched to the Airport Extreme router I had no problems.