Wireless Printing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mac3687, Apr 22, 2007.

1. mac3687 macrumors member

This is the same story as most people... I have a MacBook as well as a desktop PC with an HP printer connected and would like to print wirelessly but am having a difficult time. I've searched here and Google, tried many things, but still have had no luck. My PC is running Vista, and I can't seem to get Bonjour to install. I've tried to add a printer in OSX by the LPD and IPP modes, typing in my PC's IP address in, but sending files to print yields in no results. The back of my printer (HP Photosmart 8450) has an ethernet jack, would plugging that into my PC help? By the way, my desktop is not connected to the router, which is in another room. Both my PC and Mac have WiFi cards connecting to the same network. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Can you plug the printer directly into the router? Alternatively, plug the printer into the PC via USB and follow these steps. :)

3. mac3687 thread starter macrumors member

I followed those steps, selected my PC, but the printer did not pop up, evenm though it's installed and working on my PC. The printer is connected to the PC via USB, and the router is in the other room, so I can not connect the printer to the router.

4. mac3687 thread starter macrumors member

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew