wireless printing

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jrpvt, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jrpvt macrumors newbie

Heyy. I just got an airport express set up in my dorm and it's working except that my powerbook can't print to the shared printer. The printer is a HP Deskjet D4160. The airport express clearly sees that it's a HP Deskjet 4100 series because it says so and when I go to add the printer it finds the right drivers and everything. However, when I try to add the printer I keep getting the error "An error occurred while trying to add this selected printer. Error:-9672"

Any ideas as to why this is happening? It's the exact same setup and same driver when connected by USB and the printer works great. I tried gimp print drivers too but there aren't any for the D4160.

Even stranger, the Bonjour setup wizard on my XP laptop found the printer, added it, and printed to it without any problems at all. it's only on the mac where it's not working.

2. Gee macrumors 65816

Is the laptop still thinking the printer is connected directly via USB? Then it wouldn't be able to find it. Try removing the printer from the list on the laptop, and then re-adding it.

3. Gee macrumors 65816