Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boika

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Hi, i have an AEBS hooked up to an windows XP machine which also has an hp deskjet f4100 series printer plugged into it, i went into bonjour on the win xp machine and selected the hp printer and i set up the printer in mac osx (on my imac g5 running tiger like this) :

picture1cz2.png

But when trying to print i get this message:

picture2co1.png

My printer is turned on etc, any thoughts on how to get it working?

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
I had a similar problem to this. In your utilities folder there is the airport utililty. Not only did it detect that there was a problem with my printer, but offered a suggestion on how to fix it, gave me a button to click on, and low and behold it was fixed. I still have no idea what it did, but it did it on its own. Brilliant!
Try it out, see if it works. Simple solution and less complicated than anything else. I was very impressed.

Mick

Boika

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
I had a similar problem to this. In your utilities folder there is the airport utililty. Not only did it detect that there was a problem with my printer, but offered a suggestion on how to fix it, gave me a button to click on, and low and behold it was fixed. I still have no idea what it did, but it did it on its own. Brilliant!
Try it out, see if it works. Simple solution and less complicated than anything else. I was very impressed.

Mick

Thanks for your help, but that didnt seem to work =[

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
Is it unable to print from both machines or does it print from the Mac or the PC? Was it working before and suddenly stopped? AEBS...is this the Airport Extreme or Airport Express? What did the utililty say when you ran it?

Mick

Boika

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Is it unable to print from both machines or does it print from the Mac or the PC? Was it working before and suddenly stopped? AEBS...is this the Airport Extreme or Airport Express? What did the utililty say when you ran it?

Mick

Hey it is working on the PC and has not yet worked on my mac, AEBS = airport extreme base station. Im not sure what you mean by "What did the utililty say when you ran it?"

Thanks

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
When you open up the AEBS software or utility, does it recognize the printer? Just to clarify, do you have the printer plugged into the AEBS or the computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.