Wireless problem w/ Linksys

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nzoMD, Apr 11, 2008.

1. nzoMD macrumors member

First of all.. I tried the search feature but I could not find any answers to my problems.

I have 4 computers, 2 PC desktops and 2 mac laptops (MB and MBP). I also have a playstation 3... all of which I want connected to the internet. My router is a linksys wrt54gs. The two PCs are connected through a eternet line, the PS3 is connected wireless.

The problem I have is that my MB or my MBP (both running latest version of leopard) cannot connect to my router if I have it protected. WEP or WPA does not matter. I enter the correct passwords, and I keep getting connection timed out, but if I keep retrying I might get in once or twice. If I take off the protection on my router, the MB and the MBP connect just fine and never lose connection, but for obvious reasons I do not want to have an unprotected network.

I've tried so many different things, but I am just stuck now. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I should also mention that when friends come over w/ their laptops they have no issues connecting to my wireless network while its protected. HP and Dell models.

2. gothamm macrumors 6502a

it obviously can't be your MB or MBP since apple makes perfect utopian products. nothing can ever ever be wrong with them.