Wireless Problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AgentBEATS, Dec 1, 2011.

1. AgentBEATS macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I'm new to using a Mac and OSX. I am still adjusting to the differences between it and windows.

One difference or I would call it a problem is with my wireless connection after coming out of sleep mode. My macbook seems to have problems with re-connecting to any wireless connection after it turns back on, it does clearly detect it and identify with whatever wireless I am using, but when trying to use a browser or anything that needs internet it doesn't connect properly.

On my previous laptop, a windows netbook, I could easily re-open it from sleep/stand-by/whatever and the wireless would take only a couple seconds to re-detect the signal and everything was working. This does not seem possible on my macbook. I have to close everything connected to the wireless or turn it off and reconnect entirely and even then it sometimes doesn't work right away.

Again, I'm new to using a Mac and maybe this is just how it works, but right now it seems to be a problem and any suggestions on what I can do to alleviate it would be greatly appreciated.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You shouldn't have any issues waking from sleep and re-establishing WiFi connections. You can try repairing permissions, but the best solution is to have someone qualified look at it, as it make be something more concerning.

TEG

3. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

You could try deleting your existing WiFi network connection, then search for, and add it again.

4. AgentBEATS thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for your quick replies.

@atlanticza
    I did try before this to remove my networks and reconnect that way, but for the sake of it I tried again and the problem persists.

I should mention that although my macbook shows that I am really connected to the internet, my browsers do not detect a network. In Safari I clicked the diagnose button that appears on the no network page and it said my internet seemed to be fine, but after refreshing or opening a new page it still does not load the page and says no network. I even tried connecting to a different network and again it connects but the pages won't load for a bit until I re-close everything and then refresh a few more times.

@TEG
    I am starting to think that it really is a more pressing problem, do you or anyone else have any idea what could be wrong with my macbook that could be causing this?

I bought this Macbook from Apple.ca refurbished and have only had it for 2 days now. Yesterday I did not notice this problem in the slightest and it only began persisting to not connect properly coming from sleep today.