Wireless Problems after Logic Board Replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by machinesleet, Dec 5, 2010.

1. machinesleet macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I've been having a few problems with my wireless connection.

I am browsing the internet with no problems, then for whatever reason I cannot access the internet, though I am still connected to the network.

I get a message similar to 'airport is connected with a self assigned IP but may not be able to connect to the internet'. I've seen a few threads floating about online relating to this but I'm not too hot on the all this DHCP DNS business.

My fix at the moment is to disable the firewall, switch airport on/off and then I will be connected, I then turn the firewall back on. I now have to do this every time I connect to the network.

I am up to date with the OS (10.5.8) so I guess I'll have to dig around in the router settings? I've tried a few solutions so far (manually setting the DHCP address didn't work) so I'm all out of ideas.

Pleys Halp

2. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem but with 10.6.5... not sure what the problem is but every time I lose connection, I have to turn the airport on/off or leave it for a minute (which is an ETERNITY in college time) maybe some users will chime in and tell me it's not OS X?