Wireless problems Vista bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Dr. McKay, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Dr. McKay macrumors 6502a

I have an early 2008 iMac (24", 2.8Ghz Core2Duo, 4Gb RAM) with OS X.5.8.

I've recently installed Vista Ultimate (32-bit) via Bootcamp. We're staying in my parents' house for 6 months because we're renovating our house. In our room, we don't have an ethernet connection, so I'm using Airport to go on to the net (they obvioulsy have a wireless router).

The thing is, in OS X, wireless reception is excellent (all 5 bars are filled), whereas in Vista I only get 1 bar.
    Maybe the bootcamp drivers aren't good enough for Vista. In Vista device manager, my airport card shows as a broadcom card.

Is it safe to update the drivers on the vista side ? Same goes for my ATI radeon HD 2600 Pro (which shows up in device manager as a ATI Mobility Radeon 2600 XT). Can I update drivers without causing problems to my configuration and to the "OS X side of things" ?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yes, you can update drivers on the Vista side with no problems to the OSX side

Did you install the Bootcamp drivers from your OSX disc during your install of Vista?