Wireless problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CQuedado, Oct 17, 2010.

1. CQuedado macrumors member

Hello all,

For whatever reason, my computer will not connect to the house's wireless. My roommate, who has a new macbook pro, is having no problems surfing the web without an ethernet cable connected (unlike myself).

When i connect to the wireless, airport shows up with full bars, but no websites will load, giving me the "firefox is currently in off line mode and currently cannot access the internets"

Any ideas? what should i do? not having wireless = whack!!!

Thx in advance

2. mjfarsi macrumors member

John Doe... any clue on my problem:
    I got home today and neither of my macbooks could connect to my wireless Airport network.

I did a hard reset of the Airport Extreme and set up the network again via ethernet cable. But still the wireless connection wont work. The light on the Airport is green. The internet is working, just the wireless part will not work.

Any suggestions?!

Thanks

UPDATE... I disabled all of the wireless passwords etc. Still no luck. Airport Utility can't connect to the device either.

3. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I would try the links posted above to see if it helps at all. I'm not exactly a 'match fit' when it comes to internet issues, but I try to help others out with helpful links, hopefully helping them solve their problem(s).

4. mjfarsi macrumors member

Thanks,

No dice on those links though... I can't even connect to the network wirelessly. The internet works fine.

5. gelinasbrian macrumors member

gelinasbrian

Maybe try renewing DHCP Lease. Open Network Preferences/ Airport/ Advanced/ TCP/IP tab/ Renew DHCP Lease button. Don't know if that will help but it's worth trying. Also you could try this http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379. If you call Apple Support they will usually have you do this before trying other things so it is also worth taking a look at.

6. mjfarsi macrumors member

7. mjfarsi macrumors member