Wireless Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DJMastaWes, Aug 1, 2007.

1. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Hey guys.

So, I get together with my friend often, and we normally go to the same persons house, and when we do, I always bring my MacBook Pro, for entertainment. About 3 months ago, my internet worked at his house. His dad changed the wireless password, and since he did, the internet doesn't work. I'm picking the right network, and entering the right password, because we tested it on a PC.

So, I was wondering if anyone know what's going on here. They didn't change their internet system, they just changed the password, and it doesn't seem to work on macs ever since.

Unfortunately, I'm not at my friends house, and I'll probably be going in about 4-5 days, but I was wondering if you guys can give me tips on stuff I can do when I'm there.

Thanks!

2. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

Are you sure that when he changed the password he didn't also change the type of wireless security?

3. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

I'm not sure.
    What would that do?

His dad tried to connect to the internet using my computer too, and it didn't work.
    And his brother has a Powerbook, which works with the internet.

4. Maui macrumors 6502a

Maui

There are different types of wireless security, but, before we get into that -- can your laptop connect to other wireless networks ok? Is the problem limited to this one network?

5. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Yeah, it's just that network. I'm using wireless at home just fine.

6. DJMastaWes thread starter macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Okay, I don't mean to bump, but I'm at this friends house now with my computer, so I was wondering if anyone has an ideas on what I could do to fix this. I'm not a wireless expert, so I'm not sure what could be going wrong here.