Wireless Router is not working! Need recommendations for a new one!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anson89, Nov 3, 2009.

1. anson89 macrumors newbie

I've had the Linksys Wireles-G Broadband Router with Speedbooster (WRT54GS-RM) for 2 years now. Recently bought a Lenovo laptop, everytime that laptop is turned on all the wireless connections stop working. I have 2 Macbook Pros running on the wireless and 1 PC connected directly to the Ethernet cable.

So I'm looking to upgrade my router to a faster, secure and wider/longer signal, and of course be able to connect 4 computers at a time.

I've heard the Belkin N+ Wireless router is a good choice but I know there are better ones out there.

Thanks!

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I think it comes down to how much you want to spend.

Side by side, my linksys 600 and AEBS run about the same. The AEBS is nicer for the guest netork and usb port

One was $75 after rebate and the other was a little ovr $190 after taxes

3. anson89 thread starter macrumors newbie

My budget is about $110? I don't mind spending a little more cause I need something that'll last. I'm gonna do some shopping both online and the store.

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I'd give Linksys a call and let them know about your problem. After trouble shooting the problem with you and not being able to fix it, they will most likely replace your router for free. (You might get a refurb...but its free).

Linksys has a 3 year warranty and has always honored it for me, no questions asked if they couldn't trouble shoot it. If you are really just looking for N access then I'd go with the belkin. (Still call linksys though, get a replacement and then sale it for some extra cash.)