Wireless router issue along with Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Devoc, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Devoc macrumors newbie

Hello all :apple: fellows

I got an issue with my "LevelOne" wireless router at home. It seem to work with all my Windows machines and even my Wii. However, my Macbook pro works like ..... on the Wifi. Some say the airport in my mac is bugged to death and there is nothing to do about it while others mean that the only router that can handle a multi-OS environment is either the Airport Extreme or the express. I have been searching and searching for this problems and found many problems alike but no one with exact the same problem. I will therefore slice the problem up in bits so it is easier to understand...

• Video streaming sites like Youtube etc. stops streaming at one point and never starts again regardless of connectivity or not.
    • The Wifi seems to bee way intro range of the Macbook and never shows any disconnects on my Airport.
    • Some websites just never load and i need to hit enter again and again for like 5 mins before it starts to load.
    • I have a 20mbit down rate and i always got plenty of speed when i try to test it.
    • At last, Skype tends to hang up every 10 minute when i am talking to others both in group and single conversations.

That makes me think that i should invest in an Airport Extreme just to get rid of the problem. Is it really the best router out there available for a multi OS environment? Or is it waste of many? And at last, is there a fix so i don't have to spend any money at all on new equipment...

I hope you guys can help

Kind Regards

Lasse Arenholt Rosengaard

2. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

An AirPort Express or Extreme, depending on the network size will solve your problem most probably.
    Why not purchase and if you're not satisfied, return it?