Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBurd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2002
The Beautiful Berkshires
Please help. My friend has an older Powerbook and a new iBook. His Powerbook has an Airport card and base station. His iBook is Airport Extreme equipped. I know that an Airport Extreme base station can handle both cards, but it is expensive. What is a good base station (wireless router) alternative?

This wireless router should be able to be used with a PC, also. (He'd have to know what card to use with the PC, too.)

Thanks & God Bless.

BB

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
take any wireless router man...they all work with airport extreme...take the one with the most rebate on..i have a dlink router at home..one of my neighbours has netgear..one has linksys...my airport extreme connects to all three!!!:D yah..they dont have a password..
just make sure the speed is atleast 54mbps..and it has the no. of ports u need..and its 802.11g..pretty much all the routers in the market satisfy all that...
and regarding the card ur friend needs to use with the pc...i m not sure about that ..but i guess he can use any wirelss card they sell for pcs..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.