Wireless routers are a pain

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Devtron, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Devtron macrumors newbie

I need a good wireless router , I have considering both the air port models, if anyone know of any that are better than the airport series and enables me to do the following.

Stable fast wireless for gaming and large file transferes, and wireless transfere of data to ps3 as media center.
    Ability to add one or more USB harddrives and printer
    able to read and write data from the USB harddrives and printer, both from a mac and pc.

Is there anything better than the airport extreme, and what problems do you encounter when using it.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Setting up the hard drives to show up in Windows was a major PITA, but I know I did it somehow. However, I think that was just Windows being its difficult self.

I can only speak of my experience. I have two external HDDs hooked up to the AEBS and don't have much of a problem aside from the slower load time you get compared to internally stored video. When the new AEBS that will let me connect at the N speed with G devices also around, that will probably lessen.

I don't have a printer hooked up because I bought an HP model for about $200 that has wireless built in. Honestly, that's the way I'd go. It does all the functions, including fax, and just needs a quick setup with a CD.