Wireless security questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Morod, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi everybody,
    I'm moving tomorrow, so for the first time in my life I will be using a wireless broadband connection.
    I bought an AEBS for this purpose (the broadband connection point in my new place is not where I want my iMac, hence the wireless solution).
    I bought an AEBS as my wireless router, which will be hooked up to a Time Warner cable modem.
    Questions: I want to use WPA2 as my safest encryption choice, correct? And I do not want to broadcast my wireless network, correct? I am assuming these choices will be presented to me as I run my AirPort Utility setup for the AEBS.
    Anything else I need to know? Trust me on this, I am an absolute neophyte at wireless networks, so any info, no matter how basic, is most welcome!
    Did I mention I will be leaving my present network in approximately 12 hours? So time is not on my side.
    Thank you all for any info/advice/comments you can offer, and see you on the other side!
    Morod

2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

you do want to broadcast (if you don't broadcast, your network will be hidden). wpa2 is the most secure.

3. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Thank you for the help, mankar4. It is most appreciated!
    Morod