Wireless set up with BT Hub (in UK)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by baman, Jul 10, 2007.

1. baman macrumors newbie

My family has 4 computers, 2 pcs and 2 macs. I also have 250 gig hard drive and of course a printer.

At the moment I have a BT Homehub acting as my wireless router/modem and it also has the VOIP phone.

All computers can access the internet great. My problem is that I cannot get any of my computers to recognise each other on the network including the printer which is attached to a desktop PC. I have spent enough time trying to get it to work, so I am now thinking about building a new network by buying an Airport extreme base station etc.

I am assuming that I would be able to get all computers seeing each other on the new network? Also from reading up a bit, the airport base station is not a modem? Could I use the BT Homehub for this? Anyone have the setup with an airport base station keeping the BT VOIP phone operational?

2. dmac59 macrumors newbie

I have just had the grief of connecting a new macbook to a hub and when trawling around the web for pointers on how to do it I seem to remember that you can with anumber of macs make one the primary access to the internet and the others then access the net through the primary, maybe that is way of linking them all together so taht they network?

I am new to macs and this may be duff info, but you never know.