Wireless signal drops after 30 mins

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fordman10, Jul 8, 2008.

1. fordman10 macrumors newbie

My wireless in my Macbook will show a strong signal and work great for 30 mins surfing the web.....but then goes down to 1 bar and will not work unless i put it to sleep for a few minutes....

After turning it back on, the wireless signal is then strong again for a little while until it drops again....

An no, it is not the router.....my windows computer works fine...

Thanks

2. msheldrick macrumors regular

3. H&Kie macrumors regular

I had a similar problem on my iMac 24" running Leopard. Updating to 10.5.3 solved it.

4. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

I've been experiencing similar problems with my MacBook as well.

Although I figured out a quicker way to strengthen the signal;) turn off airport, and then turn it on again:p

runnign OS X 10.5.4

5. fuziwuzi macrumors regular

i'm have trouble connecting. osx finds my router and connects. but i can't get through to the net. and i turn the modem off and on, and use the diagnostic modem in assist me. after a few goes i connect, and and my connection is then rock solid until i turn off wireless or do into stand by

6. dual64bit macrumors 6502

My Wife's MacBook has the same issue occasionally, while my MBA will get full signal still. I've tried many configuration changes to both the MacBook and the Airport Extreme.

I think it's her model, she had the original Core Duo 2, the one that shipped with the "g" network card you had to buy the airport extreme to update it's firmware to "n".

7. Pees330 macrumors 6502

My MBP would drop the wifi signal for about 20 secs then come back up. It was a pain b/c it happened a few times a day. Since upgrading to 10.5.4 I haven't had any problems, so it must have been a problem that Apple fixed up.