All iPads Wireless speakers advice

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by tollickd, Oct 5, 2013.

1. tollickd macrumors member

I am looking for a good small speaker for my bed room. I have looked at the beats by dre pill and the Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker.

The room is not huge about 15 foot by 13, the music I want to be playing is from classical to heavy metal.

Can anyone advise one that is not too big as I will be brining it back from the uk to Cyprus and my budget is about 170 pounds.

Also it must be able to be used for my iPad, iPod Classic and if possible my Mac mini

2. Shield macrumors member

3. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

The JBL Charge is an awesome speaker. It has great sound and can even charge your mobile device if need be. This is what I'm planning on purchasing soon.

4. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

AFAIK the iPod Classic does not have bluetooth, so did you list it by mistake, or are you looking for a wireless speaker that also has a wired input? Some do, but not all.

I recently bought the Logitech UE Mobile Boombox (I think they're ~US$80 now), which includes wired input. But, I was looking for something cheap and portable with adequate sound. I've been happy with it.

But, if I was in your situation (don't need portability so much, and want decent sound), I'd seriously consider the Bose Soundlink Mini for US$200. I think it has a wired input, but cannot be charged by standard 5V USB.

I wouldn't pay over $200 for audio over bluetooth.

5. tollickd thread starter macrumors member

Yes I wish to have a input for that too

6. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

the new mini soundlink by bose has received outstanding reviews.

7. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

I've had the Bose Mini Soundlink for a few weeks and I would highly recommend it.

8. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I'm considering picking up a mini sound link myself just to have

9. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, now I kinda want one....