Wireless Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TranceNW, Jan 8, 2009.

1. TranceNW macrumors regular

Hi Guys

Just a quick Q.
    I would like to listen to my music from my MacBook through my standard desktop speakers wirelessly.
    I currently have a time capsule, but it is in another room and I wouldn't like to have to buy an airport extreme for the airtunes feature.

I don't hold out much hope, but is there anything that I can do to make my speakers wireless and compatible with my MacBook?

Thanks in advance

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

3. TranceNW thread starter macrumors regular

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply, really appreciate it.

Ive looked into your link, and it sounds great. However, I would also need it to play music from DVD Player, Real Player, Firefox (youtube) e.t.c.
    After some googling and mroogling, i found an app called airfoil, which sounds great, apart from the 2 second delay with videos :(. So obviously, youtube and DVD Player are a no-go with it. They do include their own software to compensate for the delay, but this wouldnt help for things like youtube, imovie, garageband.

I guess im tied down to cables for now until the technology improves, unless anybody knows of any other alternatives.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Airport Extreme doesn't have the wireless music option. Only the Airport Express has that, and only iTunes will work with it. It won't send sound from any other program to the speakers.