wireless sync for touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tidytrev, Feb 4, 2008.

1. tidytrev macrumors regular

iv not looked at the zune before today but while looking through some websites iv seen it has wireless syncing, anyone think this will be coming to the touch?
    im more than satisfied docking it the way i do now but i can think of a few scenarios where wireless sycning would come in handy

2. Solesk macrumors member

I'm hoping with the sdk we'll see it. But only time will tell.

I will say I hated it on the zune before switching. Great idea but their implementation sucked hard.

3. tidytrev thread starter macrumors regular

what was wrong with it?
    iv never had a zune so im only going from what iv read, the idea sounds good but i imagine it wont be implemented unless it is perfected by apple

4. totalmajor macrumors newbie

I dont think it's going to come out until the next gen ipod's out

5. Solesk macrumors member

the problem with the zune one, at least in the one i had, was all software related. i still really like the concept of it, especially for those who use it in the car, and keep it there most nights.

when i got home it would find my wireless network and connect to the zune software. that part worked fine. it would take several hours to sync. which was expected, but as it was in the car overnight i didnt mind.

there were two problems with it though. one was a basic problem with the syncing of the zune in general, wireless or not. where it would re-sync the same song multiple times. so you'd end up with copies of the same song like 10 or 20 times over.

the problem with the wireless, is when it was done, it would just end up reconnecting and syncing again all night long. and since it kept finding new songs, despite not changing anything, it would fill up the hard drive.

it should have had some internal check for only one time in a 24 hour period or something. or at least 16 hours.

but despite all that. i still hated the zune. :D i really wanted to like it. but in the end it had too many bugs to ignore.

if the touch had an implementation that would say, put a button on the home screen to activate it. with an automatic standby once done. i dont see what the problem would be. or if it was automatic, let it not sync more than once in a 16 hour period. that way it would resync every night when you got home. but not all night long. i would think a button on the home screen would work best for most people though.
    and why would you say that? the current touch has all the necessary hardware for it. all that's necessary to impliment it is upgrades to the firmware and the itunes software. it's easily doable with the current generation.

maybe microsoft has a patent on it. i dunno.