Wireless Sync

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thunderclap, Mar 7, 2011.

1. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

I know the current version of iTunes and/or iOS doesn't do wireless syncing with iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches, but for some reason I remember reading that during the keynote it was mentioned this would be incorporated with iOS 4.3. Now I can't find this comment though.

So my question is, was this mentioned? Will I now be able to finally sync my music, podcasts and apps wirelessly to my iPod Touch and (soon to own) iPad? Or am I completely delusional and misheard this?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    dude I think you and I had the same dream! Was Beyonce in yours too? She was juggling our broken hearts and dreams

4. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

Damn. Not to start a war, but this is one thing I really love about my Android phone. Complete wireless syncing. I really wish Apple would get on the bandwagon here.

Perhaps it was Beyonce... I KNEW I recognized her!

5. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

You won't start a war because I think most Apple user want Wireless syncing between Apple devices. They have the technology, they just have to do it. Perhaps iOS 5, Lion and MobileMe will be the start of cloud computing.

6. Krandor macrumors 6502

You cannot wirelessly sync but if you are at home on WiFI you can stream anything from your itunes library to your phone with 4.3 In some ways even more useful then wireless streaming.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    THIS is what I am hoping. By the end of the year I hope I will never have to hook my iPad 2, or my iPhone 4 to my Macbook again. This will also be the way Apple can introduce "accounts" to iPads (and iPhone technically).

Anyone with an Apple product can create a MobileMe account. You can Log In to your MobileMe from any Apple device. MobileMe in the cloud will contain all your settings, contacts, photos, videos, music, apps, etc. You can selectively choose which songs, photos, apps etc you want installed on each device and whenever you want to add something (say a photo album) you just pick it up from the cloud. You could also select to automatically sync all music, or all photos, or all apps, etc. Also, this means you can pick up your friends iPad and log-in to your mobileme and view your photos (or whatever you want)! You can choose to stream your media from mobileme over the internet or download it locally onto the device. If you DL it then even if you aren't online you can log-in and still have the files you DLed. while not logged in the file stays on the device, but it is hidden from view until you log in. To delete the file either the MobileMe user must delete it or the device admin can delete the MobileMe account. It this all too ambitious? I feel like it is really within grasp for Apple

This was all in my dream with Beyonce... :p

8. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I've been doing this for a while now with my phone jailbroken running wi-fi sync. Apple likes to hold things back and then release them making it seem like its revolutionary and magical.... I wouldnt be surprised if they release this for iOS 5 making it seem like it's never been done before. And this works wonderfully for them because most non-tech savvy people eat it right up

9. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

So far this is the only real noteworthy app of the jailbroke apps I can find. But, if Apple refuses to add the ability themselves, it's worth the $10 IMO. We're in 2011... there is no need to be tied to your iTunes by a cable anymore.