Wireless Trackpad swiping between fullscreen apps not working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sreynolds, Jan 19, 2012.

1. sreynolds macrumors newbie

sreynolds

Hey guys, new to the forum and after doing a quick search of the forums for this topic could not get an answer. So I have one of those nice new shiny wireless (bluetooth) trackpads and instantly ran into an issue.

Doing a four finger swipe to switch between full screen apps is not working. When in safari it actually does a swipe between pages as if I was performing a two finger swipe. Has anyone else ran into this issue? I did a search on Apple's Support site and noticed there were a couple firmware updates for some products but not anything new like this.

Additional Info:
    Running Mac OS X 10.7.2
    Early 2011 Macbook Pro i7
    Trackpad Model = A1339

2. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

It can be set to either 4 finger swipe or 3 finger swip for app switching so check if it's set to 3 finger. I remember my Air was set to 3 finger and my Mini was set to 4 finger and I thought the swiping on the Mini wasnt working until I noticed that in System Prefs. If it's set to 3 then it will not work with 4 fingers. Just a thought.

3. jj48 macrumors regular

Definitely try this first, those settings can be a nuisance.

4. sreynolds thread starter macrumors newbie

sreynolds

Screenshot of my trackpad settings

Keep in mind the settings are the same for my internal trackpad as well as my wireless trackpad. the problem only happens with the wifi trackpad.

[​IMG]

5. jj48 macrumors regular

Hmm if you have never got it to successfully work then I would recommend talking to apple about getting a replacement, something doesn't seem right. There are occasions when I have an extra part of my hand resting on the keypad so it does 4 fingers when I meant to do 3 or something but generally it's spot on. Have you tried changing the setting to 3 fingers instead of 4 just to test what happens?