Wireless transmit rate in mid '09 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jazzmaster, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Jazzmaster macrumors newbie

Hi, I've been following this forum for quite some time after I first got an iPod touch and, recently, an MBP "17.

Now, after I did some searches on the internet and couldn't find the answer, Im asking here:

My MBP comes with a built-in draft-n wireless card. I bought a draft-n wireless router just for the purpose of utilizing greater wi-fi speeds, but there is one thing I noticed:
    when I boot MacOS and connect to the wireless network it shows me, tat the transmit rate of the network is 130 (Mbps I presume), on the other hand, when I boot to Windows (via Bootcamp) and connect to the same network - it shows a network speed of 280 Mbps. In both cases the transfer speed are relatively close and go up to 8-9 Megabytes per second.

The question is - where's the catch? Am I getting something wrong, or is one of the operating systems just giving me the wrong info?

2. tatical macrumors member

What's the make & model router are you using? What frequency are you using for 802.11n, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?

I also have a mid 2009 MBP (2.8 GHz 15") & a Linksys WRT610N v2. My transfer rate is showing 300 Mbps right now (in the same room as the router).