Wireless TV Tuner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kolax, Feb 9, 2008.

1. kolax macrumors G3

I currently use a Terratec Cinergy XS Hybrid, but having to position the aerial to get a signal is a right pain - I can't always get a signal depending where I am in my flat.

We have an outside aerial which the main TV is hooked up to - the ability to use that wirelessly would be great. Would mean I could be anywhere within the range and get perfect reception.

Is there anything out there that does that and uses the EyeTV software? I checked Elgato but can't see any wireless solutions.

2. uliwitness macrumors newbie

If you have a spare Mac, you could use EyeTV's built-in sharing to do that: Attach the device to one Mac wired, then access that Mac's archive from any other Mac in the same sub-network (like iPhoto or iTunes sharing).

The EyeTV app also supports the HDHomerun, which is an Ethernet-attached device (instead of USB), but that's US-only, so might not be an option depending on where you are.

Either way, you'll need a pretty fast Wifi to use those. Live TV uses a bunch of bandwidth, even compressed.