Wireless USB Docking Station?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Schmoyer, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Schmoyer macrumors newbie

I noticed Kennsington's wireless USB docking station on sale at Frys.com earlier this morning. The description mentions the docking station is Mac compatible... I've searched these forums and the net and haven't found any threads on people using this with a Mac in the past, it seems wayyy too good to be true. I was hoping somebody a little more tech savvy than myself might be able to weigh in on this. I attached the link to the USB docking station below and I also own a mid-late 2008 MBP.

http://www.frys.com/product/6093308

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

from looking at the data sheet

Data sheet
    Device page

3. Schmoyer thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed that when I did my research... Doesn't answer my question tho. If I knew what that meant I wouldn't of asked haha. I've never heard of such thing, therefore I assumed MBP's didn't come with it, but on the other hand the other "data" mentions Mac compatibility. Hence why I'm asking for clarification.

4. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

It might be a little too good to be true for you. It should work, but remember you are going to have to keep a little dongle plugged in all the time, and the transfer speeds are probably super slow. If that stuff doesnt matter to you then go for it, however I think a much better investment would be a new router that has a USB port. A lot of routers now have the ability to connect a printer and harddrives to them to share to multiple computers on the network. There are cheaper options but I think an AEBS or TC is the best option in that category. Sorry for getting a little off topic but I thought you could use the information.