Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I'm about to purchase a Epson R1900 A3 printer, than doesn't come with a USB cable or anything to conntect it to my Mac. I own a wireless printer already that has wireless built in, and would really like to have my A3 printer wilress but I'm having trouble finding a good adapter ( printer server) that is cheap ( i.e. a little more than a good quality USB cable )

Any ideas/reccomendations as to where I can get one ?

Thank You

NStocks

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I'm not sure about this meeting your price point, but Edimax has exactly what you're looking for and is compatible with Macs. Check out their website for their range of products and for a list of dealers in your area. I did a quick search and found a single port USB WiFi print server (non multifunction), and the price was about £66.

geoffshep

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
UK
Yup - also have an edimax print server. One of the few which also support multifunction/bi-directional (ie scanning) and it works with mac although not as well as with windows. Some of the auto functions don't work (acknowledged by edimax support department) but it does the job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.