Wireless use of epson rx595 and Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ikermalli, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I tried to wirelessly use my Epson rx595 through hooking it up through airport express, how do I get it to work because when I tried it wouldn't let me print

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well basically I just hooked it into my airport express while I was connected to it and tried to print through it and it didn't work, probably a noob move on my part and I will probably have to do something else right?

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Do you get any errors? Or do you see the printer, click print, and nothing comes out?

5. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

I went to my document I needed to print, I pressed print, it gave me the option for the epson (as usual) then I clicked print, then the epson program gave me an error saying that I could not print

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

7. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. maestrocasa macrumors regular

I have my RX500 hooked up through airport express and have not had any trouble since I first installed. It was just plug and play. have you checked the Airport setup utility and made sure that printers are turned on?

9. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

The printer is turned on, I know that, I am pretty sure I am connected to my airport express. I am connected to my home network from our router, is airport express supposed to set its own network?

10. maestrocasa macrumors regular

In the airport utility, under "manual setup" is a 'printers' tab. if the printer is hooked up and turned on, it should show there. from that control window you may be able to turn on printer communication.