Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IceMan30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
So here's my situation...I'm interested in setting up a wireless webcam as my baby monitor. I want to be able to access the video feed via iPhone/iPod touch at home as our "baby monitor," as well as be able to access the camera from outside the house if we are away, or to let family/friends see what what's going on (so some kind of password protection would be needed).

A friend mentioned software called Splashtop as a good way to do this. Apparently it's remote desktop access that can have additional cameras hooked in, in addition to it's other features. This seems like a good starting point for my search, but I was also wondering if there is anything built-in or otherwise accessible in OS X 10.8 or even the Server Pack that does similar functionality (maybe through an ftp site??)

I'm really open to any ideas. Feel free to point me to another forum if you think that would be better.

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.