wireless won't reconnect please help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thedudeAbides, Nov 17, 2007.

1. thedudeAbides macrumors member

i have a mac mini, CD 1.66 with OS X 10.5.1.

i am connected to my wireless g network (WPA), which works great EXCEPT:

everytime my mini goes to sleep, the wireless disconnects. when i try to click back on my wireless network it gives me the error:

"there was a problem trying to connect to this network"

i have to open network preferences, click diagnostics, and go through the steps of clicking the aiport, my network, writing my password and then it says

"this network appears to be functioning normally" and everything is fine.

it is a hassle to do this everytimemy computer goes to sleep. how can i get it to auto-connect without this error?

thanks.

thedudeabides

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Is there a setting that stops the card from turning off in sleep mode or similar to this option?

Bless

3. thedudeAbides thread starter macrumors member

i don't know. this is my first mac and i have only had it a few months, so i don't know all of the ins and outs, but i have not seen a setting. i don't care so much that it turns off in sleep mode, but that it won't reconnect without me going through the 4 step wireless setup.

thedudeabide

4. ndriver182 macrumors 6502a

5. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

wireless won't reconnect please help

Question: Did the Airport disconnect problem happen right after you installed the update 10.5.1?

If your problem did show up after the update, I'll tell you that a lot of problems for a lot of people, occurred after installing that update.

The only advise I have is to reinstall Leopard using an erase and install.

Then install the update. If you have no problems then reinstall your applications, and bring your user files back from your backup.

You do have a backup of your user files? Yes?

6. Homer2556 macrumors newbie

My alum iMac turns the wireless card off when it sleeps, but will automatically reconnect on waking. 2.8 Extreme 24" w/ 10.5.1 archived and installed, as I bought it with a drop in disk. The only problem I have is through Vista Bootcamp/VMWare, though I think it's a router setup issue.