Wirelessly print off Canon iP6000

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Planner Dude, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

I am sorry if anyone feels this is a carbon copy clone post, but my question is a little different and more specific.

After searching here and across the internet, I have yet to find a way to wirelessly print from my new mbp to my canon iP6000 printer which is connected via my pc (by a linksys wrt54g router).

While I have established drive and printer sharing on my pc, I get stuck when trying to select my printer mode on my mbp...I just can't find it on the drop down menu! For some reason apple (Gimp) doesn't have any drivers for my printer or any other pixima printers, just bjc series. It's kinda disappointing since :apple: advertises that I shouldn't have to even search for drivers. I have my driver disc, but there is no option available to select the driver from the cd. I am really confused. I've spent most of my time today attempting to do a task that should be real simple.

Can anyone hear help me please?

2. Planner Dude thread starter macrumors 6502

After some trial & error I was able to use the Canon BJC 7100 setting.

So while I answered my own question, perhaps we should keep this post available for future MR searchers?