WirelessNetworking Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acfusion29, Dec 5, 2007.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Alright, so when you press the option key, and click on the wireless thing, you see a bunch of stuff, including transmit rate.

I know on PCs, if you go into the Wireless settings in Windows (I'm bolding this cause I know that you have settings on your Router Page but thats not what I'm looking for), and click transmit rate, it's automatically set to AUTO. When you change that to 54, you get a constant speed of 54kbps.

Is there any way to access this settings on a Mac? :)

2. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

transmit rate should be in the network utility. but i think in windows what you are seeing is the transmit rate...there is no way to set the speed for a router atleast not to my knowledge..all you can do is tell it to go mixed abg or bgn or just n or just g<54meg.. best i could do for you if you have any questions pm me ill try and help you out.

3. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

The 54mbps doesn't do a thing; the operating system will always select which rate is the most stable. Keep it on Auto and leave the setting alone.

4. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Yes it does do a difference. When I set it at auto, say I was on MSN, I'd get disconnected. As soon as I put it on 54KBPS, it was fine. No disconnects/no slow internet.