WireTap Studio/Audio HijacK Help Recording audio while watching a movie in diff. app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wattabing, Apr 16, 2009.

1. wattabing macrumors newbie

wattabing

OK i have a few audio recording programs, i am currently trying wiretap studio, what i want to do is record audio from one app and be able to have that muted so i can watch a movie in quicktime while its recording the audio from an app called siriusmac2.. i try and record the howard stern show daily cause i like to listen at night.. I do occasionally try and watch movies or stuff in quicktime while the recording is happening, but i cant do this at the moment cause i do not know how to have any recording software do this, i want it to capture/record audio from sirius mac and mute it from the main output on my computer speakers so i can hear anything else come out of the speakers and not get recorded into the wiretap recording... I also have audio hijac, but dont think there is a way to do that either... please help me record the show and be able to do other stuff on mac while recording... thanks my geniuses!!!

2. gdphishman817 macrumors newbie

what you need is audio hijack pro. I use it to record stern sometimes too. It will mute a program while it is recording, But you may have problems recording SiriusMac. I've found that AHP can only isolate certain programs' sound. i.e. the sound had to be running in the foreground and not the background. In which case, you would have to record the system audio, which negates your purpose. You could log in to sirius with safari and isolate that though.