Wish Android wasn't so bad at handling pictures being sent via iPhone

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by eclipse01, Sep 8, 2014.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Or is this an Iphone issue? Either way, I really get tired of Android user replying back to me "I didn't get your picture", "can you make it not appear as a slideshow"?

who has to fix what for this issue to stop? Just wondering...

and yes I do know that if I just send each picture separately they will send, but this is a PITA!

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

3. gotluck, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I had this problem with the android stock messaging app when my wife on iphone 5 would send my multiple pics via mms. Since I have changed my sms app to hangouts, it now receives them normally in nonslidshow mode. However I cannot send multiple pics back to her (hangouts limitation), but I receive multiple normally.

4. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Oh, I never thought of getting the Hangouts app

5. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

yea Im pretty sure that should fix the receiving issue for you

other texting apps may too

6. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Oh, I was thinking fo getting the hangouts IOS app to send to android ppl

7. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

wow. what a sensational thread title to bash Android. have you thought about turning off imessage?

8. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

oh you could try that too, but I mean you just using hangouts on android as your SMS app. It seems to handle mms pictures better from iphones (versus the stock messaging app).

9. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

really? how was i bashing Android when I am trying to find a solution. BTW i have both IOS and Android devices.

10. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Don't worry, people tend to be a little testy in here, both iPhone and Android fans [​IMG]

11. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Title is pretty accurate IMO.

12. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

that just shows that people need to read everything and not just the title :rolleyes:

Anyway as I have stated i'm not trying to bash just am upset both don't play well together...

13. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

Apple has a few quirks when it comes to handling pictures/graphics.

A classic that I myself has experienced countless times is that animated GIF files sent via e-mail from a Mac gets flattened (in other words loses the animation) on the way.

It might not seem like a big deal unless (which is my case) that file is going to be used by the receiver of the e-mail for something else down the line - like a web ad in itself, or a fallback file (something that is shown instead of Flash on devices that do not support flash) for a web campaign.

I have seen this happen regularly for the past 3-4 years and it still seem to happen every single time an Apple-user drags the file/image into the e-mail instead of attaching it.

14. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

Oh I misunderstood the issue , you are the one with the iPhone. Unfortunately best solution is to send one at a time. Everything else requires a potential change by the android user.

You could try hangouts on ios, but if the android user is having this problem they probably aren't using hangouts, at least as their main SMS app

15. eclipse01 thread starter macrumors 68020

eclipse01

No, but I can download hangouts (for IOS) and see if that might remedy the situation.

16. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Isn't this problem also present when sending multiple pictures from one android device to another? Could've sworn it displayed in that idiotic slideshow format.

17. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Eclipse are you trying to send via text then?