Wish Apple made a smaller iPhone 6s case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dannys1, Sep 25, 2015.

1. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

If any of you have seen my previous rants on here you'll know i'm a hater of all kinds of phone protection though unlike those ridiculous screen protectors at least cases serve some kind of purpose and finally after using every iPhone since the day the first was released in the UK my unenjoyable time with the oversized and slippy iPhone 6 made me realise I needed to give in and go with a case for the 6s.

So I wanted something to cover up the back of the 6s which i hate and provide the phone with a bit more grip. The problem is i've genuinely never seen a case in my life that I like - I even prefer my iPad without the smart cover on. In the photos I like the look of the official Apple cases so i bought 4 of them in different colours to see if I could live with any, but I immediately find them too big and bulky. I hate how far they curve around the screen and the so called "face down protection" that sticks out so far - it spoils the clean look of the front and worse still the lose the feel of the best part of the iPhone 6 design the curved bezel. But I do like the feel the material, the colours and the look of the back with nothing but the Apple logo.

If only Apple did the same style case but slimmer, something that goes level with the camera on the back and only curves around the screen slightly to meet the bit where the metal colour stops and changes into the screen colour - I bought a cheap Spigen case with this design and still find it much worse than the naked phone but the benefit of it not falling out of my pocket is quite nice and I still get the feeling of the curved screen at the edges.

Bar cutting the Apple cover up, anyone got any minimal, very high quality suggestions?

2. Adamj53 macrumors member

3. dannys1 thread starter macrumors 68020

dannys1

Yeah, to be honest, its sort of the lines i'm thinking too. If I could get a case or a skin or something which improved the feel of the phone in the hand, rather than sort of was "acceptable to stop damage" as most people seem to use them for id be all for it - but it would need to feel great and look great - at the moment not getting that from the silicone case, the leather case does seem a little smaller though i'm not sure it is.

But yeah, insurance is probably the way to go, i'm actually only something very slightly more expensive than AppleCare but its monthly and there is no excess to pay if you break something, plus it covers all gadgets up to £1500 including phones, laptops, headphones, all portable accessories etc

Also with the 7000 series aluminium its less likely to bend when i trap it in the door twice like I did with the 6 due to it being too slippy and falling out of my pocket as I shut the car door haha