Wish Cydia was like this

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by supermac96, Nov 27, 2010.

1. supermac96 macrumors 6502a

supermac96

wouldnt it be so awesome if cydia was sort of like the app store? I mean i understand it having to reload data and being slower and stuff but couldnt they actually change the "featured" apps and themes each week? Also, they should show a top 25 downloaded in apps and themes. One more thing is if in each section, they showed the newest released apps. This would really help me find some cool apps or tweaks that arn't that well known. Well this is all probably wishful thinking but I really wish this would happen! Well anyone know any websites that tell you information like this (especially all the newest added apps)?

2. No ice please macrumors 6502

Rock was like this. And Surik said he would incorporate some of Rock's features into Cydia...Someday

3. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Cydia is an APT front-end. Understand what this and you will understand why it is perfect as it is...

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Rock allowed users to rate apps. Cydia doesn't (unless I'm missing something).

5. wpotere Guest

I believe that he does intend to setup some type of rating for apps. Also, there were some things that Rock was doing which were very lax in security. Cydia is a slow, but it does exactly what I need it to do as a solid advanced package manager.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Ha, that's a laugh. It's a crappy front end. I don't complain because it does the job but it's far from perfect.

7. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

thats why I said i'm ok with it being slow. But I wish the added the other stuff I mentioned.

8. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

every afternoon, open cydia and open "changes". that shows you the latest and greatest cydia has to offer every day. that's what i do and it works great

9. wpotere Guest

I'm sure he will over time. He has been pretty busy keeping things up to date with OS rollouts as well as the conversion of Rock to Cydia. Lots of things on his plate and prioritization pushes things like ratings to the back of the line. I'm sure it will get better over time....

or

You could develop your own and get it out in the wild. :)

10. supermac96 thread starter macrumors 6502a

supermac96

i would if i could but im not that good with all this stuff!

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Saurik is one man. Apple has entire teams of programmers at their beck and call. Of course it would be nice if Saurik had the time to implement these nice but entirely unnecessary feature requests, but it's just not practicable. I know there are some tweaks in the pipeline, and Saurik has Chpwn working on some interface improvements. But you have to remember that most of this work is done in their spare time and with no compensation. It's just unreasonable to expect it to be everything to everyone.