Wish it was here, But its not.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jman800, May 15, 2009.

1. jman800 macrumors regular

Well I was on my buddys Nano and I saw he had playlists from iTunes that are as we all know im sure:
    Most Recent, Most played, Etc, Smart playlist I think their called?
    Anyway, These are incredibly helpful to me in iTunes, So I was wondering why aren't these Smart Lists in the iPod Touch? It would save me so much time to have a "most recently added" So i don't have to go looking for the 3 new songs I added in my huge list :(

Anyway agree?

2. senter(left) macrumors newbie

it can have it. its not the ipod, its what's in your itunes. if you have those playlists in your itunes and you sync them to your touch, then it will show up in the playlist section of your music

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

Can you not sync a most recently added playlist to your device using the last x days rule? I have a smart playlist in iTunes that does just that and I sync it over to my phone without issues.

4. jman800 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, Yes you can I guess but it's just a Playlist. On the Nano its actually the Smart Playlist and tells you your 25 most recently played, 25 most played and all that, but instead of telling you about your library, it goes by on your iPod's library which I think is very cool and useful. Maybe on a update it will have it :rolleyes:

What im trying to say is, the Playlists on the Nano change without Syncing because they are smart playlists, iPod Touch's, don't. :(