Wish Lists

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shot22, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Shot22 macrumors regular

So, this thread is meant to share people wish lists about the next firmware and hardware updates to the iPod Touch.... Here are mine:

Firmware
    1) Eliminate lag
    2) Flash support
    3) App crash fix
    4) Copy/paste

Hardware
    1) Speakers
    2) Better battery life
    3) Camera (not going to happen, I know)
    4) Side buttons for track change and/or volume
    5) Built-in FM Radio
    6) Vibrate (like the iPhone, but just for Apps)
    7) Better Wi-Fi reception (if that's possible)
    8) 64 GB option
    9) Sleeker back (not curved, though)
    10) Blu-Ray!!

What do you want?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Well, on the software side, I definitely think that 2,0 needs to be polished. Copy/Paste should be implemented and I'm surprised that it is low on their priority list. As for flash, though, I'll pass on that one seeing how horribly it runs on the full-power desktop version mac os with better hardware. Flash on the iPhone OS would be an absolute nightmare in the current state.

As for hardware, I'm hoping for better battery life and side buttons for track/volume control. There's nothing more that I see as a realistic addition to it, at least not in this year's revision revision.

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

- Lighter weight, smaller body, bigger OLED screen.
    - Skin the back with highly efficient solar cells that will run/charge the Touch on roomlight.
    - Wireless sync of music, podcasts, movies and photos.
    - Instant-on. Eliminate the need to swipe the start screen to get to home menu.
    - Add that camera! $69 4gb Stylex media player from Walmart has one.
    - Lower the price by 1/2.
    - Continue giving them free with macBook (or any mac PC) purchase.
    - Add haptic touch, lest Samsung gets the better of you.
    - Bluetooth. Go ahead, you know you want to.
    - Several new powdercoated back colors.

4D ;)

4. velvetme macrumors newbie

on an ipod?????

5. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

~OLED Screen
    ~Wireless Syncing
    ~Aluminum back (colors?)
    ~Screen uses up more of front/Bigger screen
    ~Price drop; 8gb-none, 16gb-$300, 32gb-$400,
    ~Better battery life
    ~802.11n

6. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

As long as we're wishing...

Firmware:
    1. COPY/PASTE!!
    2. Landscape keyboard available EVERYWHERE.
    3. Quicker way between screens. Something like Spaces, where it shows all the home screens at once.

Hardware, I'm generally content. But as long as we're wishing..... :)
    1. Camera (we are wishing here.)
    2. Better battery
    3. Aluminum or AT LEAST plastic back like the iPhone (I know a lot of y'all don't want this, but I'd take it over the current.)
    4. Audio-in (really, really reaching, eh? :rolleyes:)

7. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I want a back that won't scratch so easily, or if it does, something that won't show as much. Other then that, I'm content. I don't want a speaker though... not enough people are considerate of others.

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Part of me wants a speaker, but the smart side of me agrees with you. Only because it would be nice to have that satisfying "New Mail" sound, and an alarm. :) But you're right... people would be very inconsiderate. Maybe it could be a very crappy speaker? One that can play system sounds like the mail sound, but that would butcher music to the point that no one would want it?

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Most of us have added features to wishlists here and there. Despite how good the Touch is right now, there is always room for improvement. What strikes me today is how really cheap it would be to add some great features. How do I know? I just received the little StyleX 4gb media player that Walmart sells. This little player sells for <$70, and includes a camera that will shoot photos or videos. No, it's not a touchscreen. Yes, the UI is clutsy and unintuitive. Still, this little player does photos, videos, music, ebooks, FM, voice recording, games (NES!), and adds a photo/video camera to all that. Every time I suggest a media device with a great screen could use it's own camera, I get doubters and nay-sayers insisting it'll never happen and would be too expensive.

Nope. Not any more. I've reviewed it in my blog.

So put a camera on the next Touch, Apple! It makes way too much sense, and the cost can be offset by the lower cost of memory.

10. Shot22 thread starter macrumors regular

....a joke....

What exactly is OLED?

11. velvetme macrumors newbie

Organic light electron display, or something like that. Sony has been building crazy displays on bendable plastic
    sorry - organic light emitting diode. google said so