Wish there was........(Small rant)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR45, Oct 23, 2011.

1. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Each time I go to a carrier for information on their service, they claim that their dn/up load speed is the best, but when you get home with the phone, the results are much poorer than advertised.

I can only wish there was a way to know what the download/upload speed was for each carrier in the City/Neighborhood one lives in to get a better read on which carrier to use, so one does not have to return the product with a restocking fee if its real bad.

I tried a Google Search but got nothing or very little or not in my neighborhood information. Wish someone would compile a dn/upload speeds for each neighborhood. Verizon shows those commercials that say "Can you hear me now" but nothing for 3G or 4G.

I live in Dunedin, Florida and my Verizon flip phone 3G shows 1 or 2 bars only in my Apartment, but voice is pretty good.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to mention this....:eek:

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

On that same token:

I wish there was a way to tell if a girl would be worth my time before going out on a date w/ her so I could avoid the dinner/festivity fee if she turns out to be a ***** :(

Oh well...

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Dude, we're female, thus it's safer to just assume b**** and be pleasantly surprised if proven wrong!

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

LoL :p

Duly noted ;)

5. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I wish people would just put the subject of their thread in the title instead of using it as a teaser.

6. Captain America macrumors 6502

I agree. For the most part, I'm disappointed with the speeds I've been getting. The only thing that I can say that's significantly improved is the ping. Definitely no complaints there.

EDIT: I ran a speed test right after posting this. Just to spite me, i Got 2.78down. That's a good deal better than what I would normally get this time of day.

EDIT2: and 3.17 the second time. Damn you spiteful phone!

7. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Well you got 14 days try out period for every carrier I think is enough time to make up your mind, no ?

8. Captain America macrumors 6502

This is true. Although I can't even return my other one because the buffoons wont' let me unless they have enough cash, which they never do.

9. SR45 thread starter macrumors 65832

SR45

Restocking fee's is an issue.....no ?

Hassel to give or send back....no ?

Try out another carrier is a pain....no ? ;)