Wish They Made A Dual Dock For The 3G **LOOK INSIDE**

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tensix, Jan 31, 2009.

1. tensix macrumors newbie

I have been looking for a dual dock for my Apple BT and my 3G for a long time. I came across a guy who will take your original dock and precision CC machine it to fit your 3G. I decided to send my to him and WOW am I impressed. It looks like it was made this way! The process is all controlled by and computer that he programmed to do this. So if you are looking to have this done pm me and I will give you his info. Cost is only $17! Here are a few pics of the process and the final product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

3. tensix thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, it is definitely a skill to be able to program and make something like this. I loved being able to dock my Apple bluetooth with my 1st gen and now I can do it with my 3G!

4. tensix thread starter macrumors newbie

Here are a few more pics so you can see the quality. They really turn out great. I highly recommend having this done if you have an Apple BT and a dual dock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

wow thats impressive. I dont use the apple bluetooth, but if i did i would probably be all over this.

7. dr.devious macrumors regular

dr.devious

Wish I could make a dock insert that could fit my 2G Touch with the InCase slider case...great work.

8. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Wow! That's actually REALLY impressive!

If Apple made their bluetooth with ear piece options, I might try it, but their stock headphones hurt my ears so badly, I just can't bring myself to buy it. A great alternative to the Apple BT, is the Contour Metal. It's smaller, and easier on the ear, BUT, no dual dock. :(

9. redcrow240 macrumors member

this seems like the same thing i got done on ebay for $16. It turned out great since I can fit my phone with bodyguardz backing and power support crystal front.