Wish you could Comment on Reviews in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Khryz, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Sometimes I go through the reviews of Apps or CD's and whatnot and I'd love to reply to them - either to agree with them or to tell them how stupid they are (mostly the latter) :D.

I mean, Amazon has this where you can comment on someone's review - do you think iTunes will as well soon?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I hope not. Music is very subjective, and I don't want to see iTunes' reviews turn into flame wars by people unable to accept differing opinions.

3. Cander macrumors 6502

+1

4. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

+1
    However, I believe developers should have access to comment on reviews to fix issues/ apologize for problems, and let others know that fixes are on the way.

5. bartelby macrumors Core

And that's probably why they're not allowed. Also you'd end up having conversations with other commentors...

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

7. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I think that's the whole point. If I see a review for an App that is truly wrong, instead of me making my own review and "@replying" to that user in the hope that he sees it .. it would make more sense if I could just reply back to that user.

This way people reading the reviews don't read straight up wrong reviews of what an App is capable of, for example. Or I could reply to someone's review who is asking a question about an App or is having trouble getting it to work so I could help him and everyone else with that problem.

Not to mention Amazon hides the comment replies anyway so you'd have to click on another link to be able to see the conversation.