Wished I didn't preordered

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Oct 7, 2011.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

For some reason I wanted to wait in line, maybe for the experience and the people i would meet.
    But since there wasn't a reservation, but a first come, first serve, I guess that worried me a bit.

Anyone feel the same?

2. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

"Experience and the people I would meet?":eek:

That is why I preorder!:p

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I'm glad I preordered because I know for fact I'll have my new iPhone on launch day, but I wish the reserve for in store pickup had been an option. It's always a fun time waiting in line and meeting new people. However with no reserve option this year, I wasn't willing to take the risk. I knew that it'd be after work before i could get by the apple store and the odds of apple still having one at almost 6pm on launch day are slim!

6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

LMAO!!! I love forums.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ What Stealthipad said.
    I have no interest in standing in line with a bunch of people for a phone.

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If you're that desperate why not just go to an Apple store and stand in line for a few hours anyway? When you've had enough you can just step out of line and go home.

:cool:

9. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I can't.

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I would have loved to camp out again because that's what I did last year and it was lots of fun, but I have midterms that week and need all the time I can get to study, so I ended up preordering.

11. meder87 macrumors regular

I can see where you're coming but i've done the wait in line experience and its not all its cracked up to be. Sure the one time it was neat and I enjoy doing the whole wait thing. I've done it with the Wii, Playstation 3, and Touchpad. But in all honesty it sucks. Reading or playing on your computer doesn't help that much.

For apple products I did it for the iPad 2 but it was just way too much. It can be obnoxious especially with some guy who tried to pretend like he was with me to get in front of the line. Knowing that I have to sit in that spot for the next 5 to 8 hours was kind of miserable. Pre-ordering makes it so much easier. Just wake up and walk to your door step and you have your new iPhone.

12. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

HAHAHAHA omg. post of the day. best part is, he doesn't even get it!

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!

13. fjrabon macrumors regular

Take your phone to the store, stand in line playing with it the whole time.

Every person in the line will either try to be your best friend or hate you with a passion.

14. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I was hoping to stand in line for hours but opted instead to get a cavity filled and a tetanus shot later that day. Then hopefully get to renegotiate a mortgage or take a driver's education class for that speeding ticket.
    Good times, all. [​IMG]

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Cancel your pre-order and wait in line.... That is a little complex actually, get the phone in the way you don't want.

16. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

This is the dumbest first world problem I've ever heard. Go wait in line on launch day. I hope you get into an accident or something on the way there.

17. Brett0712 macrumors member

I literally just busted out laughing at my desk, and then tried to cover the laughter with a few coughs.

18. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I've been in quite a few lines, in my day, including a couple at Apple Stores (grand openings back when they were new). It can be nice to chat with random like-minded people you meet in them, but I have to say I'm much happier now just getting my package in the mail.

19. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Laughing at my desk over this one. :)

20. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

This! :cool:

21. 2010RS macrumors 6502

This post....fantastic.

22. wattsja macrumors regular

I stood in line for 6 hours for the iPhone 3 launch. It was an "event" and I can say I did it. I met people and it really was like a "party".

Now, having said that .. I would just as soon have the phone delivered to my door .. no fuss no muss.

Bottom line, glad I experienced the "lines" once .. but from here on out, I prefer to just have it handed to me at my door.

23. mom333, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

mom333 macrumors regular

I can't stop laughing. This is hysterical. I'm laughing so hard I had an asthma attack - true story!

24. calvy macrumors 65816

last year most of us who preordered got our iPhone 4 the day before launch. So as another poster said, if we get them early this year, take yours to the apple store and sit until you are bored. Same experience, same people, but better.