Wishes for iPhone 3.0 Beta 3!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidgoduke, Apr 3, 2009.

1. davidgoduke macrumors member

What do you guys want in beta 3 besides the obvious bug fixes. I'm looking for MMS actually working, and some new minor features. Anyone??

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

3. unethical macrumors member

anyone know how to download the 3.0 beta? sorry if it's obvious, i guess i'm too lazy to search for it.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You don't get it unless you're a developer. It doesn't work at all unless you're a developer.

5. unethical macrumors member

thanks for that info.

6. davidgoduke thread starter macrumors member

my mms doesnt work. i have a 16gb i heard thats whats causin it

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

The size shouldn't impact whether MMS works or not. My guess is there are other variables at play.

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

My 16GB works on AT&T with no modifications or changes. Just a fresh install or restore.

Apple's not going to go out of their way to make MMS work during the beta period. The instructions even say not to use MMS or Tethering during the beta.

9. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Great attitude.

Let everyone else do the work for you.

10. ScrewzLuse macrumors member

I wish mail would get some needed features (filtering rules and such). I doubt it's coming but one can hope.

11. Nero3000 macrumors member

MMS and A2DP for 2G iphone...ridiculous to limit such a thing...becuase we all know its technically possible.

12. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

not gonna happen. your 2 year contracts are ending, apple wants you to buy new hardware.

13. davidgoduke thread starter macrumors member

my messaging app keeps freezing the phone and disabling the sound. it's really weird. i hope they fix that in beta 3

14. ZunePod macrumors regular

Jailbreakers will find a way around this.

15. Nero3000 macrumors member

What contract? :D

Besides its unlikely im gonna throw this phone in the bin, im sure ill find a use for it or someone else will....

16. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

That pretty much sums it up.

17. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

ok well the majority of first gen iphone owners have their contract ending, and those are the ones apple is targeting. ;)

18. danimal99 macrumors regular

I want to be able to tether my iPhone to an iPod Touch, so my wife's Touch will work when we're not around wifi. Seriously, couldn't they easily add this?

19. chrisesposito macrumors member

A better way to organize the 10 pages of apps that I've got. Right now I've arranged things so that the most used ones are on the home screen, and the rest are scattered across the other pages.

Maybe some sort of category / folder sort of arrangement, so that if I move an app onto one of these it goes in the folder; tapping on the folder opens it so show contents. There's room along the bottom for a control to close the current folder if the 4 app icons are squeezed a bit closer together.

20. jharmening macrumors newbie

movie and podcasts not found

A rented movie and some podcasts not showing up on touch when downloaded from itunes on my macbook pro. itunes/itouch dialogue box seems to indicate the files transfer, but they simply arent showing up in video file..... funny thing is some files appear while others dont. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

21. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

they could, but they wont. if you really want to do that then jailbreak.

22. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

23. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

My list of features:

-filters or smart mailboxes for mobile me/iPhone.

-I'd like my emails to pop up like SMS do. Maybe you would only see the sender and the header of the email. Also needs to give you several options such as reply, close, forward, maybe a sorting option too.

- I want the lock screen to show the weather for the day and the next several days. I would also like it to list all my events from iCal and any alerts coming that day as well. I also want it to show if I have any emails waiting for me. I've seen some jailbroken phones that do most of this, but I think this should be standard.

- Better integration with contacts. If someone emails me, I'd like a quick way to text them or call them from the email.

- Syncing of iCal to do's and mail to do's. I think it is pretty embarrassing that Apple hasn't got all these to see each other and to have some way to see/edit them on the iPhone.

24. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Don't forget that the first phone was unsubsidized, therefore not affecting upgrade status for us. So unless someone bought another phone with AT&T less than two years ago, they're already in the upgrade timeframe.

25. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Not for all. :p