Wishlist for Numbers 2.0 (or earlier)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wordmunger, May 5, 2008.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

There have been a few threads with discussing missing features in Numbers, but they often devolve into a discussion of Numbers versus Excel.

I'm a committed Numbers user, but there are a few annoying quirks that I'd love to see fixed in the next version. Please feel free to add your own, but let's not turn this into a debate. Ideally we'd compile the most wished-for features into a list, then submit to Apple as a suggestion.

Here's my list:

* Ability to set global preferences for graphs. Now I have to set the preferences every time I create a graph
    * Fix the bug that displays percentages incorrectly in graphs
    * Ability to search / replace within a selection (instead of the entire document)
    * Trendlines and error bars, and true scatter plots for graphs
    * Ability to create a graph from anywhere on a table, instead of requiring header rows/columns
    * Ability to change the source data for a graph

I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but this is a start!

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

The pasting of information into Numebrs needs some serious work excel is very good at recognising what might be separate rows and columns and splits the data up accordingly. Numbers on the other hand just seems to dump all the information into one cell.Oddly though the graph function in Keynote seems to be much better in this regard (I don't know why they would come from different code bases but apparently they do)

When you are dragging a series if you reach the end of the worksheet it stops whereas it would be useful if it would extend the worksheet for you.

Not sure if this is a feature but currently it completely ignores the password in protected .xls meaning you can open it up without the password.

Can't drag a series upwards or left annoying.

Better integration with Pages so you can embedded a numbers document inside a Pages document.

Graph making needs work as it is a pain.