Wishlist for OS 3.0 surprises or OS 4.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CaryMacGuy, Mar 29, 2009.

1. CaryMacGuy macrumors 6502a

CaryMacGuy

In this threat just post things you wish to see in future iPhone releases. I'll start...

I want there to be better photo management, editing, and taking abilities. For being so "digital hub," Apple has really ignored what this phone could do.

For starters I would like to see the ability to create Events on the phone itself. For instance I am getting ready to go to a car show and would love to create an event (or simple folder) that all the pictures I take will go into .

I would like to see advanced editing options for the iPhone. Cropping, resize, basic iPhoto functions. Apple owns the software, why not?

Finally wouldn't it be cool if the iPhone camera zoomed and had flash. Flash could be implemented very elegantly by making the ring around the camera light up. Zooming could be accomplished by a simple pinch gesture.

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

the pinch to zoom....is already there
    after you take a picture, you can zoom at will
    its no different than the digital zoom of other cameras, except that you can change it at will AFTER the photo is taken instead of setting it during

as for the flash...thats a really nice way for it to be done, but it would require new hardware
    i was under the impression that this thread was for software

3. CaryMacGuy thread starter macrumors 6502a

CaryMacGuy

It was but I got on an unfortunate tangent

However, implementing flash would require software changes too...