With a metal plate (magnetic mount plate) can I still charge wirelessly safely?

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Can you use the ring plates inside the Apple leather case? Or would that not work?

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
thats what I’m currently doing
And when you do that it's enough to hold the weight of the phone on a magnetic car charger?

Which rings did you buy? Did you stick them to phone or inside of case?

I've been using the pitaka case but I don't really like that case.

Last edited:

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
And when you do that it's enough to hold the weight of the phone on a magnetic car charger?

Which rings did you buy? Did you stick them to phone or inside of case?

I've been using the pitaka case but I don't really like that case.
Let me correct what I said before. I bought a ring, but it was not the proper size - so I'm using a regular metal plate (this one to be specific - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...fd1f071e3ad6f6c0090ce580574ac2&language=en_US )

I've had my phone in a bumper, so the back was exposed for the whole year and the plate was mounted to the phone. Now, I got an apple leather case and the plate is between the case and the phone.

Phone holds well on the magnetic holder

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Let me correct what I said before. I bought a ring, but it was not the proper size - so I'm using a regular metal plate (this one to be specific - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...fd1f071e3ad6f6c0090ce580574ac2&language=en_US )

I've had my phone in a bumper, so the back was exposed for the whole year and the plate was mounted to the phone. Now, I got an apple leather case and the plate is between the case and the phone.

Phone holds well on the magnetic holder
That doesn't interfere with wireless charging?

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
I’ve always bought Spigen plates in my apple leather cases. I put them up next to the camera cut out. That way you can place the phone on a wireless charger no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.