With all the new OS changes what is missing for you?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hulksmashsexy, Sep 23, 2015.

1. hulksmashsexy macrumors newbie

Hey yall! I have always done Jailbreaking on my devices and still kind of want to once I get my new phone. What for you still is lacking from 9.0 that would justify the jailbreak?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Congratulations! You are the first "Why do we even need a jailbreak any more because iOS X.X has everthing" poster for iOS 9!

I will just say I have a laundry list and that I find Apple's implementation of jailbreak tweaks to pale in comparison to the actual tweak.

But in the interest of your question, I will just provide a few.

Activator. Anchor. BiteSMS. f.lux. Eclipse2. Callbar. Copic. iFile. Weatherboard. Forecast. LockHTML. iWidgets. Just off the top of my head.

When iOS has a good implementation of the 60+ tweaks or so I use when jailbroken then we can talk not jailbreaking anymore.

:)

3. hulksmashsexy thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not sure if that congrats is real or sarcasm lol. F.lux is a biggie for me too. Bite I am surprised it hasn't been fully picked up yet. I feel like I will probably always jailbreak if there's the option because I can and it opens another world for me.

4. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Springtomize.

I like to be able to hide the names of apps. The home screen to me looks incredibly cluttered especially for apps with long names. Plus I know what it is. I downloaded it. I don't need to see the name all the time.

I like to be able to hide apps I'll never use since Apple won't let me delete them.

Folder enhancer so I can have folders in folders. Not as in a glitch that Apple could fix at any time. As an actual feature that works 100% of the time.

I like to have the date in the status bar too.

Plus themes. Since iOS 7 the icons have looked like my 4 year old cousin designed them with some crayons.

Cc settings. Why won't Apple let me have what I want in control centre not what they tell me I need there.

Check, let's me select all messages in my email trash folder and delete them. Instead of having to select them 1 by 1.

I miss BiteSMS but have gotten used to stock since it's not been available for iOS 8.

IMHO there's no better phone than a jailbroken iPhone. There's also no phone as frustratingly limited as a stock iPhone.

Ever since I first jailbroke my 3G I've waited for the JB to be released before I've upgraded. I will do the same this time.

5. hulksmashsexy thread starter macrumors newbie

My 5 is finally dying battery wise so I am getting a 6 plus and hoping I can JB asap

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, it's sarcasm. But it's not directed personally at you and it's not because I have a personal issue with you. Just general sarcasm about the topic of your post.

Every time there is a new version release of iOS there is always someone who posts in the jailbreak forums the question of "Why do we need to jailbreak now". Whatever side you fall on, it just happened to be you this time around posting the question.

I have a problem with the question in general because with every new release of iOS there is still a massive list of tweaks I jailbreak for. I'm not part of the crowd that is happy with 99% of stock iOS, but a lot of those people (not including you) presume that because they are ok with it, I and everyone else should be also.

P.S. A few more: MoreIcons, FolderEnhancer, Boover, Mikoto, again, just from memory.

7. hulksmashsexy thread starter macrumors newbie

Some people jump ship because most of what they want is done. As I stated and another reply I will probably always jailbreak.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Same here.

9. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

My new 6+ came with 8.4 (August 2015). Here's hoping yours does too!

10. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

How the feck did I miss f.lux and Callbar? Also Anchor is now working properly on 8.4

Thanks for the heads up.

11. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Ive been contemplating this recently and although my tweak list is diminishing by each ios release there are still a couple of tweaks i love.

Tinybar
    Mikoto for youtube backgrounder and no ads.
    Savegram
    BDaySpotify

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

13. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Not really a tweak but this irks me. If you close all the open background apps in App Switcher, why must you tap on the homescreen to get it back full size? Seems to me that if there are no open apps in the background, the OS should be smart enough to snap back by itself.

14. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

Maybe some additional security features. Would love the ability to disable powering the phone off if it's locked at the home screen.

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Activator…

At Homescreen>Power Button>Hold --> Do Nothing.

16. hulksmashsexy thread starter macrumors newbie

Activator is the last thing I ever see them picking up even though it's amazing.

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah. The Apple genius I dealt with on Sunday ended up turning on my flash (short hold on the power button). She was confused until I mentioned Activator, then she gave me a song and dance about Control Center.

I didn't feel like getting into a discussion about how Control Center was a three step process requiring two hands, while Activator made it an easy one step process to short hold the power button. It would have fallen on deaf and intolerant ears.

18. hulksmashsexy thread starter macrumors newbie

It was one of my favorite tweaks besides barrel when it first came out. I miss old school glasklart.

19. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Well after using my iPhone 6s for the day(albeit half the day trying to unbrick it) I miss the jailbroken iPhone 6 too much so I have put my sim back into it.

Hopefully now that 9.0.1 has landed we are going to get a jailbreak for it soon.

BTW the phone bricked during the update.

20. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! Sorry to hear about your troubles, but honestly I'm not surprised.

The problems with iOS 9 actually worked in my favor last Sunday and got me a replacement 6+ for the cost of a screen repair.

21. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

Springtomize, My3G especially, flux, tetherme

22. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

More than 20 apps on a page! Even the ipad pro! Also theming of the app icons because I'm one of those rare creatures who still prefers the iOS 6 icons, itransmissions, and most importantly ifile. 4 simple things that are keeping me from updating to iOS 9; hope the jailbreak comes out soon :(